· 1 cup sushi rice short grain rice preferred
· 1/4 cup rice vinegar
· 1/2 tbsp sugar
· 1 tsp salt
· 8 oz imitation crab shredded and chopped
· 1/2 package (4 oz) cream cheese room temp
· 1/2 cup spicy mayo (kewpie mayo preferred, but you can make your own with Mayo + sriracha)
· 1/4 cup furikake
· 1/4 cup Cauli Crunch 7 Spice
· 1 cucumber sliced, to serve
· 1 avocado cubed, to serve
· 1 package Nori sheets, cut into squares (or 3 packages of snack size roasted seaweed)
· Optional: 3 tablespoons chopped green onion and a drizzle of sriracha for garnish
Heat the oven to 425°F. Place the sushi rice in a colander, rinse thoroughly and let drain for 15 minutes. Cook rice according to the package instructions. While the rice is cooking, combine the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small sauce pan and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix the shredded crab with the cream cheese and mayo until smooth. Set aside. Combine Cauli Crunch and furikake mixture and set aside.
When the rice is done, sprinkle on the vinegar mixture and use a rice paddle or spatula to mix into the rice. Spread the sushi rice into an oven safe baking dish and top with 1/2 of the Cauli Crunch mix, then top with the cream cheese mayo crab mix. Sprinkle on the remaining Cauli Crunch mix and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the top just begins to brown and bubble and the casserole is warmed through. Optional: drizzle extra mayo and sriracha on top, then garnish with chopped green onion. Enjoy warm served with Nori, sliced cucumbers and avocados.
Crunchy, chewy and delicious, have them as a snack or as an appetizer.
Save 15% off Your first order
When you Sign Up for Our Newsletter!
Receive updates about new products, exclusive recipes, and sales from Cauli Crunch.